tickIf you’re looking for a Migration Agent in Sydney, here’s why you should choose a Registered Migration Agent.  Migration Agents have the expertise to help you obtain your visa quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.

What is a Migration Agent?

A migration agent is a qualified immigration professional.  Under Australian Law, migration agents must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).  It is illegal for individuals to practice as a migration agent unless they are registered with OMARA and penalties of up to 10 years imprisonment can apply.

In order to become a migration agent, individuals must undertake post-graduate level studies and pass rigorous examinations.  These examinations test their understanding of Australia’s Migration Law and Procedures. They are required to be a ‘fit and proper person’ to give immigration assistance.  Migration Agents must uphold high ethical standards of practice and undertake ongoing professional development.

How can a Migration Agent help me?

Migration Agents are experienced professionals who can assist you with all aspects of the visa application process.  Your migration agent will have more experience preparing a visa application.  Using their knowledge of Australian Migration Law, they can:

  • Advise you of your options for migration and recommend a suitable option
  • Explain whether you are likely to meet the criteria for your visas
  • Help you understand any legislative bars that apply or waivers that may be required
  • Prepare a submission paper to accompany your visa application or waiver request
  • Assist you to prepare a complete visa application which can make it faster to obtain a decision from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
  • Liaise on your behalf to assessing authorities and DIBP regarding your application

One mistake on your visa application may result in visa refusal and possibly bans being imposed on future visits to Australia.  Don’t take the chance. Lodge a visa application with the assistance of a Migration Agent.  The Department of Immigration and Border Protection applies Australia’s immigration law pursuant to the Migration Act 1958 and Migration Regulations 1994.

How do I engage the services of a Migration Agent?

You should attend an initial consultation with your migration agent, which can be by phone, face-to-face or email.  Migration agents usually charge for this service, with the fee being credited towards the application services.

Before becoming their ‘Client’, a Migration Agent will give you an Agreement to read and sign.  This Agreement will contain important information such as the work to be completed, fees and expenses, and other particulars.

Have any more questions?

Learn more about our Migration Agent Services or make an online enquiry.

Share →